Join online today — here’s why!
What has MLCA done so far?
Massachusetts Lactation Consultants Association is an official 501.c.3 non-profit organization. Your donations are tax deductible.
- Several educational events:
November 2016 Premature Infants: From N.I.C.U to Home. Tufts Medical Center, Boston
February 2017 ‘What to Expect When You Expect A.C.A Repeal’ Jessica M. Lang, PhD, IBCLC, MPH. Newton
April 2017 Breastfeeding News You Can Use. Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, Melrose.
August 2017 ‘The Milky Way’ film showing and discussion. Newton
September 2017 Learn and Share: Case Studies, PPD and Insurance. UMass Worcester.
May 2018 Master Class with Catherine Watson Genna, BS, IBCLC Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Medford.
November 2018 News You Can Use conference at Tufts Medical Center, Boston
Annual meetings: 2016, 2017, 2018
Regional meetings: Newton, Northborough, Andover. Volunteer to host a meeting in your area!
This Masslca.org website with Members directory.
Quarterly newsletter for members.
20% discount for MLCA members with Springer Publications.
Lending Library: available to current and aspiring IBCLCs.
Discussed with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of MA the value of IBCLC care, especially outside of hospital stay. As of November 2017, BC/BS of MA will reimburse for home visits. Gained support of our bill for licensure from BC/BS of MA. Continue to discuss the value of IBCLC credential with medical directors of health plans in MA.
Several IBCLCs, MLCA members and other testified before Public Health Committee
- Get involved in the legislative effort for licensure of IBCLCs. Assure IBCLC care for all Massachusetts families. Talk to your legislators, discuss this with families and clients.
- Build relationships with organizations that work to improve lactation services for families.
- Promote and communicate the interests and concerns of Massachusetts lactation consultants in the local and national chapters.
- Host a regional meeting,
- Present a topic at an educational event.
- Educate your legislators about the IBCLC standard of care.
- Participate in organizing and co-ordinating the annual conference.
- Get involved in developing mentoring projects and scholarships.
- Network with other lactation consultants with similar interests.
We have Regional Meetings across the Commonwealth, an annual Members Meeting and an annual conference
- Job postings available on website
- Receive the quarterly MLCA newsletter, read the blog.
- Attend a conference. May 1, 2018: Master Class with Catherine Watson Genna, BS IBCLC.
- Take part in a free webinar each year.
- The Lending Library is availalbe to aspiring and current IBCLCs. Click on the lending library page.