MLCA Lending Library
If you would like to borrow a book, journal or DVD from MLCA’s lending library, please send an email to our librarian: Amy Winkel-Gois, IBCLC. Items are loaned out for a maximum of 2 weeks.
A ten dollar donation to MLCA is requested to borrow, but not required. Monetary contributions help keep the library growing. You may also donate good condition, current books or DVDs.
Books that are not returned will be charged to borrower at replacement price.
Thank you for supporting MLCA and our Lending Library!
- Supporting Sucking Skills in Breastfeeding Infants, Catherine Watson Genna, 3rd edition, Jones and Bartlett Learning
- Breastfeeding and Human Lactation, Karen Wambach and Jan Riordan, 5th edition, Jones and Bartlett Learning
- Breastfeeding Management for the Clinician: Using the Evidence, Marsha Walker, 4th edition, Jones and Bartlett Learning
- Counseling the Nursing Mother, Judith Lauwers and Anna Swisher, 6th edition, Jones and Bartlett Learning
- Legal and Ethical Issues for the IBCLC, Elizabeth Brooks, Jones and Bartlett Learning
- Comprehensive Lactation Consultant Exam Review, Linda Smith, 4th edition, Jones and Bartlett Learning
- Medications and Mothers’ Milk, Thomas Hale and Hilary Rowe, 17th edition, Springer Publishing
- Breastfeeding Atlas, Barbara Wilson-Clay and Kay Hoover, 6th edition, Praeclarus Press (2 copies)
- The Galactagogue Recipe Book, Frank J. Nice & Myung H. Nice
- Nonprescription Drugs for the Breastfeeding Mother, Frank J. Nice, 2nd Edition
- Haiti Beyond Belief, Frank J. Nice
- Breastfeeding Challenges Made Easy for Late Preterm Infants, Sandra Cole, Springer Publishing
- Myles Textbook for Midwives, Edited by Diane M. Fraser & Margaret A. Cooper, 14th Edition
- DVDs available for loan
- Delivery and Self –Attachment, Dr. Lennart Righard (French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese)
- Laboring Under an Illusion: Mass Media Childbirth vs. The Real Thing, Vicki Elson
- Baby-Led Breastfeeding ; The Mother Baby Dance, Christina M. Smillie Geddes Productions
- Breast is Best produced by the Norwegian Film Institute
- We also have several copies of Clinical Lactation and The Journal Of Human Lactation.
- Please consider a ten dollar donation to MLCA when you borrow a book. It is appreciated, but not required. (Not requested with journals). This helps us keep the books and DVDs in circulation for everyone’s benefit. Contact Amy for what you need.
MLCA members receive a 20% discount at Springer Publishing. Contact Amy for the discount code.